Abhayapuri College, located in the heart of Abhayapuri Town , the headquarters of North Salmara Sub-division , is one of the oldest colleges in Assam. It came into exisence on 13th August ,1955 as a result of the untiring efforts of some luminaries of this locality under the able leadership of Late Govinda Chandra Dev Sarma for their zeal for a higher educational institution in the administrative headquarters of the erstwhile Bijni Raj Estate. The peoppple of Abhayapuri, Srijangram, Jogihopa, North Salmara, Bijni, Bongaigaon, Lengtisinga, Chakla, Kokila and other adjoining areas, although were not economically sound, contributed libereally in cash and kind to translate the dream of a college for their posterity into a reality.
The name Abhayapuri itself came after the name of Ranee Abhayeswari, the Queen of the Bijni Raj Estate. Abhayapuri, surrounded by isolated hillocks, is a small town and called "Devadaru Nagaree" because of the scenic beauty of the Deodar trees standing majestically on both the sides of the main road. It is well known for its calm and clean environment as well as natural beauty. Started as asingle faculty Arts College affiliated to the University of Gauhati, the college came under deficit Grants - in - Aid system in 1962. With the opening oh the Science stream in 1979, which was also brought under Deficit Grants - in - Aid system in 1986, the college attained a broader dimension in its stride for higher education. A host of highly qualified dedicated teachers has been imparting knowledge using modern methods and techniques to the students of this college, majority of which comes from its surrounding rural areas, as well as from the backward char arers.
Since the day of its establishment, the college had to pass many ups and downs; yet due to the ceaseless efforts of the college authority with the active co-operation of the teaching and non-teaching staff and that of the students community and the public of this locality, it has attained the present prestigious position. It is a matter of pride that the college, in its glorious year of Golden Jubilee (2004), was assessed and accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), with 'B' Grade. The college celebrated its Golden Jubilee during August to Oct, 2005; and the college has become an institution of excellence for higher learning by this time. At present, the hallmarks of the college are regular classes, good results, periodic evaluation, strict discipline and friendly relationship of the teachers and students.
- Re-advertisement for sanctioned posts of Assistant Professors in the dept. of Physics
- Re-Tender Notice for Construction of Basketball Court
- Re-Tender of Annexture I & II Declaration of Basketball Court
- Re-Tender of BOQ (Financial Part of the Bid - Bidder Must Quote his Rate Here)
- (Re-Tender) Drawing of Basketball-Court
- Advertisement for filling up vacant sactioned post of Asstt Professor in Abhayapuri College
- MODEL APPLICATION FORM FOR POST OF ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
- NIT EXTENTION DATE OF BASKET BALL COURT
- NIT FORM for Construction of Basketball Court
- Notice Inviting Tender for Construction of Basketball Court
- BOQ (Financial Part of the Bid - Bidder Must Quote his Rate Here).pdf
- Drawing of Basketball-Court for NIT
- Merit List B.Voc-IT, B.Voc-TTM, BFSI, Retail Management 1st Year 2019-20
- Merit List B.A. 1st Sem (Evening Shift) 2019-20
- Notice for Rescheduled date of Admission for Skilled Base Courses 2019-20
- Merit list B.A. 1st Semester (Day Shift) 2019-20
- Admission Notice 2019-20
- Merit list B.Sc.1st Semester 2019-20
- Merit list HS (Science) 2019-20
- Merit list HS (Arts) 2019-20
- Scheme For Waiver For Waiver of Admission Fees TUtion Fees Etc
- Important Dates For Admission
- College Notice regarding uniform fee structure
- Govt Notification_regarding_Uniform_Fee_Structure
The Central Library , Abhayapuri College has enrolled itself into N-LIST Programme of INFLIBNET Centre from the year 2012 through which a Library user can access and download e-resources including both e-books and e-journals free of cost,online.